Tuesday, September 15, 2009



Believe it or not, Topie decided LAST September that she wanted her 4th to be a "Spiderman Birthday." 365 days later, she still hadn't forgotten, so I subdued my inner urge to dress up her party with flowers and princesses; instead, I granted her dorky (haha) little wish.



Speaking of last year, Topie was a timid little 3-year-old back then, but seems now to be coming out of her shell. Maybe it was just the princess bounce-house she hated, but for the life of her, she did not step foot inside it once in '08. 2009 had better prospects and all the kids (Topaz included) played for hours.


As you can see, Topaz gets TWO cakes. It is not the first year, it will not be the last. In my book, cake equals love.



Awww, the proud parents. Actually, I think the best gift for Topaz is that Micah and I cooperate to plan her such a great birthday together.



Here's cute Rachel, who showed up for last year's event as well. These days, it's about the only time I see this long-lost neighbor of mine and it's so nice to catch up!



Another tradition: the Christensen kids are all about messy-cake-face! Why? Because I taught them years and years ago much to their parents' chagrin. I am the best aunt ever!!! Today's model is Little Kevie---I may have mentioned that he is Topie's bestest friend. How could she not love that face?!



Mindi, here, is a mutual friend of Micah's and mine. As you can see, she's gorgeous, but little do you know, she's the best forward my soccer team has ever seen! Her little baby Justice was hands-down the cutest!



Don't be fooled by that serious expression. This toy was Topie's absolute FAVORITE!



Here's my favorite part: beating Spiderman's face in with a bat ;)



R.I.P Spidey...



What a relaxing place to be onlooking. My parents' porch is virtually surrounded by hummingbirds. My mom must have handed me down the gardening genes because she spends hours in her yard on any given Summer day.



This, I didn't quite understand. Topaz would open her gifts, then immediately run into the hallway to stash them. It seemed like she was petrified the other kids would take her stuff. Makes me wonder what her daycare is really like...



The Spiderman bouncer was booked out :(

But that didn't stop me from climbing in it with all the kids. It was so much fun! I want one for my birthday!!!



And Ammon, apparently, thinks it's fun to still play with his favorite aunt.

Favorite gift, in action. I can thank myself for picking that one out!



And finally, we have Julie and Jared being nerds as usual.

On a lighter note, I'm so glad Topie had such an awesome birthday! She was so happy and fun! 4 seems like it will be a good year. Every day I marvel (yes I said marvel) at how functional and independent she's becoming. I guess it's the same old song every parent sings, but it truly is fascinating to watch a baby/infant become a person. My little person is a good one. I think I'll keep her.

2 comments:

  1. awww totally cute! i love how she didn't forget about the spidey party clear from last year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    ReplyDelete