Saturday, May 23, 2009



I call it a trip of sentiments. We all know Antelope Island is notorious for hordes of insects, but once in awhile is it not worth subjecting oneself to nature's discomforts in order to view a world all too often unseen? I grew up a few short miles away from the causeway, with a slew of magical memories prompting my return. This is what I found:
pink clouds and sand-swept landscape; serenity in all its unbridled, untamed magnitude.



Together, Julie, Jared, Topaz and I braved the mosquitoes and swarming gnats. It wasn't always pleasant, but when the company you surround yourself with has that, "Let's have fun no matter what," attitude, life surely does comply. The bug infestation dissolved just in time for a dusky photo-shoot.



In my opinion, nothing is better than a sunset among friends.



Julie and Jared, still in the honeymoon phase. They seem to have that engagement photo pose down to a science, do they not?



And nothing would be the same if Topie didn't squeeze in her signature stance. Yes, we get it, you're Alex the Lion. Curse myself for ever letting her watch that movie!!!

Anyway, the trip of sentiments was short and sweet. Despite the lovely views and stoic, stark beaches there are only so many bites a human being can tolerate from the buzzing mass. I believe we disassembled our tents in record time the next morning, with the dogs crying all the while as gnats explored the depths of their ear canal. Julie and Jared probably won't go back. For me, it shall become a yearly tradition. I just can't miss out on that sky, for all the bugs in the world.

1 comment: