Saturday, April 18, 2009



Easter---a holiday that correlates perfectly with the birth of baby animals, just like the human one Julie is holding there in her arms. That's Zachie-poo, my wild, energetic nephew. The two of them accompanied Topaz and I to the Baby Animal Day Easter Celebration at Heritage Park in Northern Utah.




An overcast sky didn't prevent us from enjoying the festivities. For Topaz, pony rides are a must. I was just jealous it was limited to children. Stupid age limits!




Adulthood doesn't hinder the cuddling/mauling of the farm's furriest of friends. As the animal-lover I am, it was extremely difficult for me to not kidnap this oh-so-cute baby bunny.




The calf, on the other hand, wanted to kidnap ME. I think it sensed a vegetarian presence and was like, "Take me with you!" 




If only it were that simple to live in harmony with our fellow creatures. Even the goat wanted to be adopted into the barnyard Utopia in my head.


But the fun couldn't last forever. I'd say the next best thing to holding chicks and ducklings on Easter weekend was decorating hard-boiled eggs with the fam. There's Kevin and his gorgeous girlfriend Sydney functioning as Topie's personal assistants.



I, of course, was too busy developing the perfect fusion of colors; I call it "Earthy Spackle."





As for Topaz, she made out like a bandit. Aside from the fun-filled day at Heritage Park, she totaled three Easter Egg Hunts---one of which was orchestrated by my wonderful boss, who invited us over to discover stuffed animals hiding in tree branches and more plastic eggs than two baskets could hold. Talk about over-stimulation! Topie eventually crashed on Dr. Ponce's couch while we ate dinner. And I must say it was such a nice surprise to find that this amazing Veterinarian had no qualms whatsoever with making an entirely vegetarian meal, just for me, that her family had to "suffer" through. I guess that little calf will live another day after all...


No comments:

Post a Comment