Wednesday, April 15, 2009



Nothing kicks off Spring like a wedding amid fragrant blossoms and outdoor stone monuments. My nearest and dearest friend from high school, Yvonda, finally found the man of her dreams and asked me to be there when she tied the knot. 



So, armed with a camera and creativity, I was determined to entertain myself throughout the chaotic and disgustingly lovely day.


Deceiving though it may be, Vonda looks calm and relaxed in this photo with another of her best buds from Clearfield High---Jocelyn. In truth, Vonda was the epitome of a bridezilla. While I was busy making my little sister cry at her own wedding, Vonda reduced HER baby sister to tears with the blink of an eye immediately after leaving the temple. Let's hope she doesn't read my blog so she can remember April 10th with the sweet bliss of denial. 



Flowers seem to make everything better, do they not?


So, you know the old expression, "Always a bridesmaid...."? I wonder if it still applies?


I didn't waste too much energy on that murkily superstitious thought. I took the opportunity to traipse like a maiden through the leafy, rain-threatened pathways in my satin pink dress, barefoot, while the world below me celebrated the vows of matrimony.



And I definitely got the better end of the stick, because there was so much scenery to take in on my solo adventure!


Ok, really I was just on a mini-hike in search of my sister. When you're the only blonde in a group of dark-skinned patrons, one must call for reinforcements. Upon arrival, you're then required to walk them to the party.


And together, take pictures of the bride's bouquet.







And harass the bride with additional photo shoots 

















before treating ourselves, "romantically," to a chocolate-dipped buffet! Hey, we were in the spirit!













While masticating that delicious ambrosia of a fondue marshmallow, I freed a hand long enough to capture some of the INDOOR scenery. I don't know why I thought this was so pretty...













For the second wedding I've attended this year (first was Julie's---not blogged because it occurred prior to my blog's creation) the evening was quite delightful. Julie pulled through that weekend and helped out with more than just my makeup for Vonda's big day. As you can see, marriage looks good on her.

We'll see how refreshed and happy Yvonda looks in a few months. I'm sure she'll be stunning! Congrats to the newlyweds!





2 comments: