Sunday, April 15, 2012

Oh sunshine, how I've missed you.


Well, Spring is finally here and some things never change. Once again, we've started out the season with zoo adventures and baby animal days.


Our cute little house near campus has great light and lots of fabulous opportunities for people-watching. Slowly, but surely, we're creating a little Utopia, like we (I) always wanted.


Topaz and I have been exploring the downtown area more and more, now that we're living here without the physical restraints of neckbraces and winter weather.


And the longer I'm here, the more the phrase "Smalt Lake City" applies. I run into familiar faces everywhere. Sometimes it's good, sometimes, not so good.


As for my family, all of my nieces and nephews are growing up. It's strange to watch someone to go from infancy to full-blown drivers' licenses and Facebook pages. I know adults have been commenting on that phenomenon for ages, but I'm experiencing it for the first time, so it's my turn to be awe-struck.


There's not much else to say. Things are finally mellowing out in our world of Puppy rabbits, city bike rides and late night movies (for me, at least).


I actually have several papers for my classes due tomorrow, but can't bring myself to write them when the sun is shining and the sky is blue.


And on that note, I don't have much else to say. Pictures usually speak for themselves anyway.




No comments:

Post a Comment