Sunday, August 30, 2009


It's no secret that biking is our favoritest thing to do these days. How's this for excitement---wait for it....MOUNTAIN BIKING! That's right people, Topie and I were feeling adventurous this afternoon and thought we'd take on the Wheeler Trail loop. It was the best decision we ever made ;)



Ready, set, strap yourself up in that trailer little one, while I do all the hard work! Several guys stopped me and said, "How are you pulling that UP here?!" I'm not gonna lie, there was some walking involved.


But look what we found, seekers of beauty that we are. I just wanted to sit forever and absorb nature. Thank god I can capture it on camera!



Mmmm, sepia stone...



This was the stream we lunched next to. When we finished eating, we watched some of our grapes and popcorn race in the current. You're welcome, fish.


And THIS picture is relevant because I'm always encouraging Topaz to be less timid. Climbing down to the site, she clung to me like a spider monkey, but once she warmed up to the concept of bugs and bumpy terrain, she was all over the place---even wanting to maneuver the ascent solo.



But I'm getting ahead of myself because prior to our downhill ride, we spent the greater portion of the afternoon exploring and teasing each other.


And posing, like the girls that we are.


We found these cool hieroglyphics, circa 2004, and tried to decipher their secret language.


I think it's pleasant graffiti.


As you can see, Topaz is still an aspiring photographer. She's so lucky her mom has no shame and will patronize her for hours.


One pose required that I become spiderman...


Ultimately though, I had to spend some time with the Earth. I love her. I am so glad there are areas where I can lay near a bubbling brook, smell the forest and "be one with nature." Yes, I'm a hippy at heart.


What I find amusing is that the blurriest photo in the bunch was the one taken by a passing stranger. People! Put some effort into your good deeds---if you offer to shoot, take some pride in your work. Clearly my 4-year-old (almost) can do it.


And there she is, Topie The Magnificent.


Usually when the timed lens goes off prematurely, it's annoying. I thought this was funny; me laughing while Topie scrambled to pose with me.



I wanted to remember this secret tunnel before I potentially broke my neck on the descent. I survived. The whole way down Topie screamed, "THIS IS TOO MUCH FUN, THIS IS TOO MUCH FUN." She was right.

1 comment:

  1. ok i LOVED that post! the pair of you are gorgeous! i'm just now realizing that it's probably my turn for an email reply...sorry, things have been a little crazy around here, i'll get crackin' on that:) in the meantime, good job being a great mom...topie will cherish these moments with you forever!

    ReplyDelete