Saturday, March 21, 2009

This day is for the birds!


For the second time in her short life, Topie visited Tracy Aviary with me. It was lovely this time of year---the tulips were starting to bloom and a few trees were bursting with pink blossoms. The weather was perfect (Michelle, it felt like SF, breezy upper 60s) and it was just heaven to be outside!


Of course, we couldn't complain of the company. It's obvious that we're the best of friends.


Until....Topie has a minor bump and cries like it's the end of the world. It seems to be her trademark as many of you know :(


Fortunately, it doesn't take long for her to recover and we're back in business!


Curses that I don't remember the name of these birds. They were sooooo cute. They ran up to the fence like a little pack of wolves and chirped to whomever was nearby. They were extremely curious, like little dogs wanting attention. Funny, funny.






Then there were the other usual culprits---stunning golden eagles, the baldy himself and some friendly little ground-dwelling birds that were also very interested in us, and as you can see, came close enough to touch. I think that's a good way to get banned from the Aviary...




Nearby, just outside the Aviary, there are some stone-age amusement rides that taught me that you're never to old to develop motion-sickness. The Farris-wheel, for instance, made me nauseous. Small in size and slow-moving though it may be, its creaky assumed instability elicits a vomit-producing fear. Seriously, I was a little woozy.




Topie, however, didn't miss a beat. She flew a few planes, drove a few cars and had the time of her toddlery life.







As you can see, my camera has recovered from its Topaz-induced injury and I have recovered from my seasonal slump. Spring is officially here and we intend to enjoy it to the fullest!






Between Tracy Aviary, the old-school rides and later (not shown) a picnic near one of Liberty Parks playgrounds (with blood-red oranges and local goat-cheese we purchased from a fantastic market on 13th South) we were two worn-out little girls. Below you can see how we exude this differently. I, the contended smile; Topaz, stoic exhaustion---she's really happy, I swear ;)


5 comments:

  1. christie!!!!! i was so happy to see that you visited my blog! holy crap, i LOVE yours! you are even more gorgeous than i remember you...and how beautiful is your daughter! and look at the little photographer you've become. lovin' the pics! i wish you could teach me. i just bought a Canon G10 and have no idea what i'm doing with it. anyways, we should catch up. shoot me an email sometime...joanasanders@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. yey! I'm glad you figured out how to put these in order! You look so dang pretty in these pics! Heard its snowing right now.... good thing you got in a beautiful weekend at the aviary! We'll have to go next time I'm in town.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to live in Utah! Wondered if the Aviary was still there!

    Nice Pics BTW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you and Topie are doing well for yourselves

    ReplyDelete
  5. Better than ever. Thanks, anonymous one.

    ReplyDelete